After discussing with many single friends, the one thing they seem to be feeling is frustration. The constant reminder of a past love who never gave the effort, a love who has yet to be found, or the commercialism of what love is supposed to mean. What i want to encourage you, is to fall in love with yourself. No amount of chocolate, flowers or teddy bears can provide your heart with self contentment. Gone are the days of needing a significant other to fulfill our lives. So here are the top 5 things to do on Valentine’s Day. (Single or Attached)
- Wake up feeling refreshed. We all know how important sleep is to our mind and spirit. Embrace it and love your pillow.
- Make a great breakfast. Yes put down the donuts or pop tarts and fill your tummy with warm eggs, bacon, veggies and of course fruit. Nourish your body, Nourish your mind.
- Play your favorite music. Nothing depressing or hateful, for our hearts have no room for such nonsense. Uplift your spirit and sing.
- Spoil yourself. Buy that latte, get that relaxing massage you have been needing, make the appointment for your hair or nails, take advantage of the holiday and buy a big box of chocolate.
- In the evening, Relax. The bubble bath is calling you. Pour yourself a glass of wine, light some candles, and remember to Just Breathe. Love Yourself!